- flydubai launches Business Class
- Ringgit close sharply lower against US dollar
- Bursa opens easier on selling pressure
- Ringgit declines sharply against US dollar
- US stocks sink on Bernanke comment
- flydubai launches Business Class
- INSIDE BTIMES.COM.MY
'3 parties in talks to take over Luster'
KUALA LUMPUR: Three parties that have placed a bid to take over the Kuala Kedah Jetty is believed to be in talks to gain control of Luster Industries Bhd, say sources.Proton needs to ignite interest
TURNAROUND: Carmaker must launch new model to boost brand and market share, say industry observersSarawak Oil Palms rides out global storm
BETTER MARGINS: The 2013 change inof palm oil tax structure gave breathing space to refiners in Malaysia. Sarawak Oil Palms Bhd’s recent downstream venture turned the corner and is now running at full capacity. Ooi Tee Ching writes
Nasim opens 3S centre in KedahON TRACK: Peugeot marque distributor confident of hitting 8,000-unit sales target
- Perodua hopeful of better sales
- BMW unveils all-new R 1200 GS
- Ford Malaysia doubles Q1 sales
- Honda sets 3,200-unit Civic Hybrid sales target for 2013
- Perodua still most popular car brand
- BMW unveils programme for certified pre-owned vehicles
Record RM236m Muamalat pre-tax profitKUALA LUMPUR: Bank Muamalat Malaysia Bhd has posted a record pre-tax profit of RM236 million for the financial year ended March 2013.
- CIMB plans more offerings via social media
- Syariah-compliant Gatehouse Bank eyes three licences
- Making Islamic finance sustainable
- Islamic loans slump as sukuk gets competitive
- BSN expects deposits to hit RM10.5b by year-end
- UOB aims to woo more high net worth clients
Bata Malaysia reopens Leisure Mall outletKUALA LUMPUR: Bata Malaysia reopened its Bata Store at the Leisure Mall in Cheras, here, on Wednesday.
- Panasonic wins Trusted Brands awards
- Southern Lion moves to remain top brand
- Putra Brand Awards to see 20pc more winners
- Display Asia eyes wider reach with ISO certification
- It's Akzo Nobel Paints
- Super unveils rejuvenated logo
Kenanga maintains 'market perform' call on Sime DarbyKUALA LUMPUR: Kenanga Research has maintained its "market perform" call on Sime Darby Bhd despite its weaker third quarter performance.
- Profit forecast for KL Kepong slashed
- MIDF raises AMMB target price to RM7.30
- Hwang DBS maintains 'buy' call on Petronas Gas
- 'Property, construction blue chips to lead stock mart'
- HwangDBS raises rating for property sector
- Tambun Indah is RHB Research's 'top small cap pick'
'Crude oil to remain stable'KUALA LUMPUR: Crude oil price is expected to remain stable, probably hovering around US$115 (RM359.7) a barrel in the second half of this year, said Credit Suisse oil and gas equity research global co-head David Hewitt.
- Don't quit RSPO, MPOA urged
- Palm oil exports to soar ahead of fasting month
- 'Palm oil shipments unaffected'
- Malaysia going the bio-oil way
- Poram: Malaysia's refiners will gain from 4.5pc CPO export tax
- Palm oil stocks expected to continue downtrend
Red Mango eyes 15 outlets by 2018KUALA LUMPUR: Original Red Mango Sdn Bhd, the master licensee of South Korean low-fat frozen yogurt Red Mango, targets to open 15 outlets in Malaysia by 2018.
- FIM 2013 targets RM370m sales
- Franchises' RM24b contribution
- Johnny Rockets in KL orbit
- No slowing down for The Body Shop
- Naza Tutti Frutti bags 5 awards,including best franchise of 2012
- Johnny Rockets to Malaysia
Zurich eyes bigger slice of travel insurance marketPOTENTIAL GROWTH: It targets RM10m premium for its two newly-launched products over the next five years
- LIAM expects life insurance sector to grow by 8-10pc
- Great Eastern Takaful hopes to net RM20m from i-Great Idaman
- AIA completes acquisition of ING Malaysia
- ACE Jerneh unveils FlexiGuard for SMEs
- Great Eastern rolls out the Great Retirement Plan
- Tokio Marine sets up recruitment centre in Kuching
Maersk unveils world's biggest container shipBEHEMOTHS: Mega vessels set to help company get closer to profitability on Asia-Europe routes
- Malindo sees 3m passengers by end-2014
- Weststar Aviation Services expands reach globally
- Schenker top tonnage contributor for 4th time
- Offers for stakes in Jetstar units
- Air freight markets weaken in March
- Air France starts Paris-KL route to tap 'dramatic increase in demand'
Nadayu plans RM800m projects in Klang Valley, PenangKUALA LUMPUR: Nadayu Properties Bhd aims to launch three projects worth over RM800 million in the Klang Valley and Penang within six to 10 months to grow the group and build its brand.
- McDonald'sbuys Bangi land for RM2.4m
- UEM Sunrise eyes more land in Nusajaya
- Mah Sing set to develop 'KLCC' of Sabah with GDV of RM1.4b
- Purchase dream house online via PropertyGuru
- UEM taps land-starved Singapore to sell property
- Sunway plans to launch first Medini project in Jan
Retailers at KLIA, LCCT chalk up RM1.3b in salesBRIGHTER OUTLOOK: MAHB targets double-digit growth of between 10 and 15 per cent this year
- KFC puts more zing in burger range
- Retail sector may enjoy 6pc growth
- Subway Malaysia targets 27 more outlets
- Wardrobe, Italy's Kiton sew up clothing tie-up
- Online mall aims for 150 more retailers
- Retail records 5.9pc growth in Q2
TM's new solution to empower SMEsPETALING JAYA: Telekom Malaysia Bhd's (TM) new Hospitality Enter-tainment Solution is expected to contribute positively to the growth of small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- Harmony Mall seeks to expand reach
- Sanabil confident of explosive revenue growth to RM1.2m
- Pesona Aroma set to spice up Klang Valley market
- Pizzalicious eyes slice of foreign market for its vending machines
- SME Bank to disburse RM1b fund by year-end
- Red Quattro to expand footprint
Leon Fuat set to raise RM35.6mKUALA LUMPUR: Steel trading and processing company, Leon Fuat Bhd, is poised to raise RM35.6 million from its initial public offering (IPO).
- Sona's public offer may be the largest by a SPAC
- Matrix Concepts aim to raise RM137.5m via IPO
- AirAsia X targets June listing
- BCorp to list Bermaz on main mart
- China Automobile outlines dividend plan
- ELK-Desa makes modest debut, ends 1 sen higher