- INSIDE BTIMES.COM.MY
Changes to SapuraKencana leadership
The changes follow the merger between SapuraCrest Petroleum Bhd and Kencana Petroleum Bhd into an enlarged SapuraKencana.'Malaysia has the best Islamic finance module'
CLOSEST TO PERFECTION: Saadiq Malaysia in the process of bringing in global talentDr M to consider PM's request not to quit Petronas
KUALA LUMPUR: Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said yesterday he will "think about" Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak's request to reconsider the decision to quit as Petroliam Nasional Bhd (Petronas) adviser.
Naza Italia to introduce 2 Maserati cars in 2014PETALING JAYA: Naza Italia Sdn Bhd, together with its principal Maserati, will launch two new models next year as it seeks to more than double sales of the Italian luxury car marque.
- Ford distributor sees record sales
- Nasim aims to sell 7,000 Peugeot cars by year-end
- Proton launches Suprima S in Indonesia
- Boon Siew Honda unveils CB500 trio
- RM200m investment plan
- Proton launches contest to boost brand visibility
Bank Islam MD is GIFA's Islamic Banker of the YearKUALA LUMPUR: Bank Islam Malaysia Bhd managing director Datuk Seri Zukri Samat has been named "Islamic Banker of the Year 2013" in the Global Islamic Finance Awards (GIFA).
- Islamic finance: Many marts untapped
- Maybank AM introduces new Maybank global bond fund
- Al Rajhi, IRTI in tie-up to tap potential sukuk marts
- Exim Bank expands to Sarawak
- CIMB targets 200,000 take-ups for Kwik Account
- RHB IB eyes push into Philippine market
MASholidays rebranded as Golden HolidaysKUALA LUMPUR: Malaysia Airlines' tour operating arm, MASholidays, will be given a facelift in celebration of its 42nd year of operation next year.
- Yellow Pages sees surge in ad revenue
- Businesses must learn to engage and empower
- Panasonic sees BIG growth in revenue
- ‘Branding can help elevate country’s name’
- Google Malaysia top consumer superbrand, again
- One Asean umbrella
RAM upgrades Media Prima ratingsKUALA LUMPUR: RAM Ratings has revised its long-term ratings on Media Prima Bhd from stable to positive.
- 3 research houses lower AirAsia earnings forecasts
- RHB Research maintains 'buy' call on MISC
- Tan Chong remains RHB's favourite stock
- Mixed analyst outlook on Public Bank
- CIMB upgrades Bursa stock to 'outperform'
- Analysts bullish, maintain 'buy' call on SapuraKencana
More specialty oleochemicals in the pipelineIt's not always the biggest nor the one with the deepest pocket that succeeds. Very often, those that adapt rapidly to changing business environment are the ones with staying power. Ooi Tee Ching writes on the industry’s initiative to produce more specialty oleochemicals
- Analysts mixed on MSPO standard
- Demand for sustainable palm oil to hit 9m tonnes
- RSPO plays key role in sustainable palm oil
- Palm oil brightens up Festival of Lights
- Malaysia aims to double palm oil sales to Russia
- Creme de la creme of oil palm seeds
KUB Malaysia decides against divesting A&W stakePETALING JAYA: KUB Malaysia Bhd, the holding company of the country's first and oldest fast-food chain, A&W (M) Sdn Bhd, is no longer looking to divest 40 per cent of its equity stake in the latter as initially announced.
- Gyu-Kaku franchise to open more outlets
- Micro franchise sector seeks bigger allocation
- Red Mango eyes 15 outlets by 2018
- FIM 2013 targets RM370m sales
- Franchises' RM24b contribution
- Johnny Rockets in KL orbit
AMMB to secure partner for insurance units soonDEAL BY CHRISTMAS: Four firms invited to submit offers for AmLife Insurance and AmTakaful Family
- PIAM projects over 6pc insurance growth in 2H
- Archipelago Insurance expects good uptake for new product
- Allianz targets RM300m in life insurance premiums
- AmBank introduces tertiary education savings plan
- Manulife sees more sukuk issuances by year-end
- Zurich eyes bigger slice of travel insurance market
AirAsia X to unveil 19th flight destination this monthSEPANG: AirAsia X Bhd, the long-haul arm of low-cost carrier AirAsia Group, plans to unveil its 19th destination possibly by the end of the month, says its chief.
- Boeing and Airbus in fresh row
- Malindo spreads wings to Indonesia
- Nordea expects buoyant 2014
- Malindo to offer deluxe services
- Maersk continues to focus on emerging marts
- MAS to have more flights to Melbourne
Silverland plans lakeside street mall in Kinta ValleyKUALA LUMPUR: Silverland Capital Sdn Bhd, in collaboration with Metier Pty Ltd, will develop the Silverlakes Brand Village, a lakeside street mall in the Kinta Valley, which will have a gross development value of more than RM1 billion.
- Sime Darby, UEM Sunrise to start work on Radia in Q4
- Bina Puri in tie-up to build Bangkok Marina Resort
- Award takes Sunway Palazzio to new heights
- Emkay seeks partners to invest in Banding
- Mapex expected to ring in RM300m sales
- Seri Chenang to make ROI in 7 years
Tesco to open 3 more outlets next yearPETALING JAYA: Tesco Stores (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (Tesco Malaysia) plans to open three hypermarkets next year, with expected investment of more than RM100 million.
- Hamleys to open KL outlet
- Plan for fourth Debenhams store
- Courts Malaysia plans 7 new outlets
- Retailers at KLIA, LCCT chalk up RM1.3b in sales
- KFC puts more zing in burger range
- Retail sector may enjoy 6pc growth
BBQ Chicken to expand via franchisingKUALA LUMPUR: Genesis Supplies Sdn Bhd, the operator of the Korean BBQ Chicken restaurant chain in the country, aims to open 100 outlets nationwide by 2015.
- SME Corp eyes tax exemption for start-ups
- ECMI to strengthen foothold in Asean region
- Maxis Business Kit targets SMEs
- Lee Soon Seng product prove popular overseas
- Breathing new life into sportswear
- ‘SMEs are Malaysia’s economic saviours ’
Titijaya to allocate RM122m for land acquisitionsKUALA LUMPUR: Property developer Titijaya Land Bhd will allocate a quarter of its RM122 million initial public offering (IPO) proceeds to expand its landbank.
- Sona's share offer oversubscribed 5.9 times
- UMW O&G targets RM2.36b
- ABM Fujiya IPO oversubscribed
- Sona Petroleum aims to raise RM550m from IPO
- Leon Fuat set to raise RM35.6m
- Matrix Concepts aim to raise RM137.5m via IPO